Thursday, December 29, 2011

Introduction

I want to use this space to share my thoughts on the challenges we face today in the United States.  It's a world where events with the most impact are eschewed news coverage in favor of celebrity drivel.  It's a country where corruption in business and government runs rampant and the traditional press has decided to not just ignore it, but become complicit in the efforts.

I'm eager to have a positive impact on this world.  I want my child to have opportunities that exceed the opportunities I've had.  I've given up hope on either of the ruling parties in this country to be involved in positive change, the corruption in our two-party system is endemic and quite possibly beyond fixing short of angry mobs with torches and pitchforks.  I'm hopeful we as peasants still have the opportunity to promote positive change through words and voting, but I fear the window of opportunity to do so is closing far faster than most of my peers realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment