Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Voting Results

I must say I'm disappointed Johnson only pulled in 1% of the popular vote.  Among my friends he was polling much higher.  This tells me I just need to make friends with more people!

In my own state the Libertarian party candidate was less strong (being a felon), yet Dine still pulled in 6% of the popular vote.  I think mostly this was due to the fact that many Republicans felt they couldn't support Akin, but I'm still happy.  I continue to be hopeful we can break the stranglehold on our political system by the two major parties.  Baby steps and we'll get there.

I'm curious what the next 4 years will bring.  Since it's more of the same policy-wise I'm expecting a continued decline in the fiscal strength of the US.  Perhaps it's time to re-evaluate the sort of investments I keep in my retirement plan and diversify to more offshore opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment