Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting Day!

Today I get to vote against taxes and oppression!  It's one of my favorite days of the year. 

We should really have voting days more often in my precinct, we typically only have 2 or 3 each year.  I think I'd rather enjoy actual Democracy at the local and state level, where citizens get to vote directly on bills once a month via an online system.  I think that system would cut out a lot of the money, pandering and corruption involved in getting bills passed today. 

I am very curious to see how a couple of elections go this year.  It will be interesting to see how the votes go for president, and how it compares with various projections.  I'm also curious about the senate race in my state, where McCaskill is facing Akin.  The Republicans had that race won until Akin starting saying stupid things.  Well, I guess until people actually listened to Akin speak.  Now it's looking like McCaskill will win because Akin was too damn stupid to drop out.  It's been a huge swing on paper, I'm curious to see how it plays out in actual vote.

Happy voting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment