Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sequester, My Ass

While politicians rant on about this sequester cutting essential services, we continue to see spending projects on frivolous crap.

First up is the million dollar bus shelter.  No, it's not a building, it's a bench with a roof.  A million dollar bench with a roof.  Here is a picture:
By the way, $400k of that was for "management and inspections".  Managing and inspecting what I can't say, this is the sort of structure people successfully built before they mastered the use of tools.

Or we can look to the millions spent studying "Why lesbians get drunk more than straight girls", or the 1.5 million spent on "Why lesbians are fatter than straight chicks".  I wonder if there is a correlation between drinking a lot and being obese?  I should probably write my representative so we can get a study on that.

Oh, and right after the sequester went into place, the president authorized $50 million in military aid to France to fight a war in Mali.  Why are we providing military aid to France?  They are one of the wealthier countries in the world.  I guess we gotta keep the wheels of the war machine greased.

That's just a few items that I've seen this week, imagine how many more there are.  I don't mind research and legitimate defense spending, but don't tell us they have to fire teachers and firemen when they could easily scale back some wasteful spending like this to meet the sequester and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment